Are you planning to educate your 2-8-year-old child online? You are among the emerging trend of parents who want to begin or continue their child’s learning but with the help of Online Schooling.
Online Preschool Education
We provide Online Preschool Education with the help of our student friendly teachers, online education platform, well-researched curriculum, ingenious books, creative learning aids and digital trends. Our interactive online education model includes remote live teachers interacting with the student at home. At Ekam, we are looking to inculcate the values and a system of life skills that the child will carry throughout its life and help them to be good global citizens with our holistic learning.
At Ekam, we feel that it is important for education to be effective, the learning environment needs to be conducive to learning, allowing the child the required space and time to interact with teachers. Ekam Kids team is dedicated to create and maintain a stimulating overall learning environment. We are working on the Integrated Learning Environment including the environment at the school end and the environment at the home end. The students should find it seamless to actively participate, grow & learn in a natural way.
This insightful guide will help you maximize your newfound aspirations, freedom and responsibility for Online Education. These tips don’t only apply to parents, but also teachers, students and other stakeholders in education.
14 Best practices for online education
Online learning may be a new experience for some, especially as a parent. Some of the best practices for online classes of preschool students and parents are as follows:
- The school will share the weekly plan ahead of time which parents can review.
- Parents need to prepare the child, themselves and other family members accordingly.
- Parents need to arrange suggested equipment and accessories as specified in the weekly plan, if any.
- Try to have a spacious work area, without any clutter on the table or space around it.
- Nothing is perfect, so anything could go wrong anywhere. There can be surprises in the class, and all of us have to work together to curb them. Try to understand the actuals.
- Let the student be present in the classes, physically and mentally. Don’t skip the classes unless it is very urgent. This discipline helps in intellectual and personal bonding between the student and teacher. The student is not out of sync and learns at a good pace.
- If required, parents and teachers may interact with each other, but it should be preferably out of class time.
- It is good to write a mail if any suggestions, doubts or queries.
- Ekam Kids’ team would be reaching the parents from time to time to get the feedback and suggestions.
- Let students build community. It’s okay if your child is spending some social time before class starts or doing some cool stuff, or being silly. Let it go lightly. Correct only if required.
- Do not take the interactive classes while traveling or in busy places.
- What may seem trivial and easy may not be so for the students. Let students learn at their own pace.
- Give some grace. If you feel the stress and tension, so does the child, take it easy.
- Laugh at yourself and make mistakes.
Please also see the post on “Home Classroom” for some guidelines to take classes from home.